Andres Hurtado – Coach
Ex-National Team | OH / All around
Andres played for the Colombia National team for 6 years and participated in the South American games, World Cup qualifiers as well as the Caribbean national tournament. He enjoys working with young athletes and brings a world of volleyball training experience.
Kayla Black – Coach
Ex-College Player | OH / Defensive Player
Kayla brings extensive experience as a hitter, defensive player, and coach. Some of her honors include:
• Gulf Coast Athletic Conference Player of the Year and Attacker of the Year in 2018 and 2019
• First-team All-GCAC in 2017, 2018 and 2019
• GCAC Tournament MVP in 2018
• All-GCAC Tournament in 2017 and 2018
• 11-time GCAC Attacker of the Week (four times in 2019, four times in 2018, three times in 2017)
• All-Louisiana: first team in 2018 and 2019, second team in 2017
Ex- Collegiate Volleyball Player
6 Rotation Outside (OH/DS)
Ex-college player with years of experience as a hitter and defensive player. Some of her honors include:
• Conference/ Regional Champions (2016)
• Finished 11th in Nationals (2016)
• Ranked 3rd in National Polls (2017)
• All-tournament team (2018)
• Defender of the week (2019)
• 1st team All-Conference (2018, 2019)
• Conference Champions (2019)
• RRAC tournament MVP (2019)
Melissa Bento – Coach
Ex-D1 Volleyball Player
Melissa was born in Brazil and volleyball has always been a big part of her life since an early age. She came to the states with a D1 Scholarship and holds a degree in kinesiology. She enjoys working with kids and sharing her extensive volleyball knowledge to help them succeed and play at a competitive level.
Shaeli Braziel – Coach
Hitter/Defensive Specialist / Setter
Shaeli brings extensive experience at the college and club level and holds a bachelor’s degree in sport management from Southwestern Christian University. She enjoys developing young athletes and helping them find a love for the sport of volleyball. At The Volleyball School, she will be working with our Intermediate, and Advanced level students on hitting, defense and setting.
Luigi Iannone – Coach
Regional team – Turin, Italy
Libero / Setter
Brings over 20 yrs of experience playing for the Italian Federation both as a setter and hitter. He adds extensive volleyball training experience working with youth groups and helping them develop the proper technique required to play volleyball in middle school, high-school or at the club level.